Pneumatic Swing Cylinder
Pneumatic swing cylinders are used for clamping in the sheet metal industry and for light machining applications. In the unclamped position, the work piece area is free from the strap, for easy loading / unloading.
Swing cylinders are pull type cylinders. The piston rotates by 90o during the swing stroke, followed by straight clamping stroke.
Following versions are available according to swing direction (While clamping & looking from rod side)
CCW- Counter clockwise
- -Bore diameter – 50 mm.
- -Maximum air pressure – 6 bar.
- -Minimum air pressure – 2.5 bar.
- -Clamping force – 1 kN at 6 bar air pressure.
-Hold the clamping strap in a vice, while tightening and loosening the clamping stroke only.
- -To avoid the damage of swing mechanism:-
-Clamp the job in the straight clamping stroke only.
- -Do not exceed the standard strap length.
- -For height adjustment, either use a spacer at the mounting plate or an adjusting bolt on the strap as shown in figure.
- -To prevent the damage to swing mechanism due to impact use flow control valve at both ports.
- -Use only dry & lubricated air.
- -For ordering the seal kit, add the prefix ''S'' to the part number.